undefined

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

FitCorp Training Run #15 - The Return of Sick Running!

Usually we think of school age kids as germ factories. They are always catching some sort of cold and these colds spread around school like a fire going through CA forest. I have two school age kids.

I also work at a hospital. You know, where sick people go. I do work in an office, but my co-workers are like yours. They are dedicated, and since they also work in offices, see no problem coming in to work sick since they don't deal with patients.

I tell you all this because it feels like I have had more colds this winter than the past two combined! Last week was no exception. All week I was falling asleep on the sofa by 9. Waking up tired. Head felt like a cinderblock.

Yes, I kept going to work.

Yes, Saturday morning I decided I was going to do the training run.

In a new pair of shoes I was trying to break in.

After a night where both kids had woken us up at some point.

Here is where the story is better than week 4. When I was approaching the first water stop and realizing that air was going in and out, but actual breathing was not happening, I decided to cut the run short. Instead of doing the 10-16 I had planned I did 6, went home, showered, and went back to bed. The new shoes? Gave me a blister.

Either I'm getting wiser, or really sick of being sick, but I knew the road would still be there next week. And so will I. Hopefully able to breath.

Feel free to review my Long Training Run #15 by clicking here

Thanks this week to Steve Taranto for sponsoring me and supporting the Eaton-Peabody Lab. Don't forget, you can donate by clicking on the Firstgiving link on the right or by attending my Fundraising Event. It will be April 2, 2009, starting at 7 pm at The Greatest Bar. Click here to view the e-vite and RSVP. Clicking on the ads on this page also produce a small amount that I will be giving to MEEI and the Eaton-Peabody.

No comments: