undefined

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Customer Service Done Right - Thanks Cliff Bar!

I believe everyone knows about the Peanut Butter recall that happened recently. Food with peanut butter are a staple of my diet so when the recalls were happening I went to the FDA web site to see which of my foods were impacted. The Peanut Butter Cliff Bar in my cabinet was on the list, and this is my story of customer service done right.

I clicked over to the Cliff Bar web site and learned 1. They gave easy instructions on how to determine if your item was recalled, 2. Instructions on the information you needed to provide them, and 3. An easy, on-line form to apply for a refund. No "take the bar back to where you purchased it," or ""mail us the entire bar in it's original packaging." Just fill out the form and throw the bar away. It was done in under five minutes. I should also point out that none of their products were confirmed to be a problem, but they were recalling them just to be safe.

I knew their plan was to mail a coupon for a free replacement Cliff Bar, but imagine my surprise when I received this in the mail.



That is customer service done right!

No comments: