undefined

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FitCorp Training Run #2 and Somerville Jingle Bell Run

Did you ever finish something just to prove you could? That was me on Saturday. I knew the Jingle Bell Run was on Sunday and that I should save something for it, but the Fitcorp training run was for either 8, 10, or 12 miles and I set my goal as 12 early in the week. The good news is I was able to do it, and within the pace I planned. Overall it was a good run where I was able to get into a grove around mile 5. You can view the run information here.

This coming Saturday's run is a good one. We take the train out near Newton-Wellesley Hospital and run back over the Newton Hills, into Boston, and up Beacon following the normal Saturday course. It is only 10.5 miles but with the Newton Hills at the begininng and the state house hill at the end it is a good workout.

Sunday morning brought slightly sore legs and the Somerville Jingle Bell Run. It is only a 5K, but because of the previous day's mileage every mile felt like miles 16 during the marathon. Truth be told I proud to say I finished, and am delighted that I did so with around a 9 minute mile pace. Thanks to Nicole, Michelle, Dave, and Larry for running it as well. My details from the Jingle Bell Run are available here.

As always, you can click on the Firstgiving banner to the right if you would like to help sponsor me running the Boston Marathon to raise funds for the Eaton-Peabody Lab in memory of my late grandpa Rufus. Thank you.

No comments: