undefined

Sunday, January 25, 2009

FitCorp Training Run #8 - Where is my speed?

This week's course is the same as the last time I ran. Out Beacon Street, past BC, into Newton Center, take a right, take another right at Comm Ave, over Heartbreak, take a left onto Beacon, and back to the start. The weather was in the 20s or 30s, depending on who you believe, and the wind was much less than expected.

I haven't reviewed the run yet but what I expect you'll see is heading out things were up and down for the first 5.5 miles, settled down from there until mile 12, and then rough from there in. My legs felt tired most of the run and I need to review my breakfast choice. Time to start ramping up the mid-week workouts again!

Other good news from this week's run: Dogs were out in force again. An old Irish Setter, a few standard poodles (including one that I almost ran over), labs galore, and lots of small dogs. Which reminds me - Hey Lady on Beacon with the cocker spaniel puppy. Your dog may be the size of your foot, but I'm sure it can out run you, especially since you had both hands holding your coat closed. So get smart and put a leash on that dog. I'd hate for it to become a Beacon pancake!

This week is the Team Eye and Ear kick off pasta party, so look for a rare midweek post.

Hope everyone had a great week. Below is the link to yesterday's run.

FitCorp Training Run #8

-Bill

1 comment:

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Hi Bill! That watch is so cool! I can't believe it lets you chart your runs on the web like that! See you tomorrow!